Fall workouts are happening!
All Southwest High School Baseball Workouts will be at Armatage Park from 3:45 to 5:45 (unless noted) on the following days:
October 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (10:00 am), 12, 13, 19, 20, 21, 22
October 23, 24 – Possible weather make up days.
Fields may change, especially for intrasquad scrimmages. Locations may include Neiman, Killebrew and Parade Stadium. Transportation may have to be worked out within the program as no school transportation will be provided.
If there is a field conflict at Armatage for practice, we may have to move some practices to Linden Hills the first week of workouts.
- If temperature is under 40 degrees we most likely will not practice; we will do very little throwing if the temperature is under 45 degrees. if it’s raining we will not practice. If there is a Twins playoff game on during our times we will not practice.
- Practices will run around two hours and will consist of individual fundamentals, team defense, pitching, hitting, base running, game situations, mini competitions and intrasquad scrimmages.
- All MSHSL and MPS Covid-19 protocols will be followed including: Masks worn by all while on bench and while in close proximity to other players (everyone needs to bring a mask). Temperature checks before every practice, hand sanitizing station, bleach wipes for equipment and baseballs during and after every practice.
- Please stay home if you have any symptoms of any type of illness. You will not be penalized for missing a workout; these are NOT tryouts. All workouts are voluntary. Please communicate with coaches if you do feel symptoms or do get tested positive for Covid and have to miss a workout.
- If we do encounter a positive test we will pause workouts and follow the guidance of our School Nurse, Ms. Bladholm and Athletic Director Mr. Hollway.
- Please bring a water bottle with water (not provided), pants, a long sleeve shirt, baseball cap (stocking cap acceptable if needed), spikes and glove.
Let’s improve our baseball skills and have some fun before the snow flies!
Any questions please email Coach Mountain @ firstname.lastname@example.org